“Would you like fries with that?” is a Youth employment project consisting of a series of 5 workshops for young people aged 14-18.
The workshops aimed to provide access to free local workshops focused on developing skills and knowledge, addressing barriers and roadblocks to young people gaining employment, developed in partnership with future employers of local young people in a variety of sectors. 8 of our local young people attended the project with a view to gain casual or part-time work.
- An Introduction and What Paper work do I need? – For this workshop we looked at getting a Tax File Number, Superannuation and getting an Opal Card for transport.
- Creating a Resume / What do I have to offer? – This workshop was facilitated by Schools as Industry Partnerships looking at what skills we have and what young people can put in a resume and how to put one together
- What are Employers looking for? – This workshop was a great opportunity for young people to hear directly from local employers on what they look for in workers and how to apply and the interview process.
- Getting ready for interviews– This workshop covered the interview process, how to prepare for interview, practice questions and some mock interviews
- How do I look? – The final workshop covered getting ready for interview and what clothing would be appropriate to wear. The young people had the opportunity to do some on line shopping to purchase interview clothes
NCNS would like to thank all our partners and employers that supported the project and took time from their busy days to come and talk to our young people to offer them insight into a range of industries and opportunities for work.
- Schools as Industry Partnerships
- Leaf Café
- Outback Steakhouse
- Green Cross Vet
- Nepean Aquatic Centre
- Productivity Boot Camp