It’s been 6 months in the making! NCNS Youth Staff have relocated to a new building, set up the centre and made renovations. We are opening the doors officially with a launch on Monday, 29 June, and we will be up and running at full capacity in July 2015.
We want the young people to own this space and put their mark on it. At the launch, young people will not only be treated to a BBQ lunch and have the opportunity to check the hub out and what we have to offer, but they will also have the opportunity to tell us what they want – by deciding on colour schemes, art work, what they would like in the outside spaces and in general.
We want them to tell us what they would like to do when they come, and what other services they think would be good. We are creating a safe, fun place for young people to hang out, where we can engage with them and assist them as they need it.
The services available at the Youth Hub are:
- The Learning Hub Program: which caters to Students from Cranebrook High that are currently suspended from school and need assistance in keeping up their school work within a structured environment.
- Drop In: will run every afternoon Monday to Thursday from 3pm to 5pm for all Young People in the Cranebrook and Kingswood Park area that would like to come and use the internet, have some afternoon tea, do activities, need assistance with homework, or those Young People that would like to have safe place to hang out. Staff will also be available each day during drop in.
- Food packs
- Hygiene packs
- Internet/free WiFi
- Work and Development Orders (WDO)
- Laundry facilities
- Shower facilities
- Cooking facilities
- Assistance with Job Search/ Resumes
- JJ Conferencing/Community Monitor
- Centrelink reporting
Services that we also provide outside of the Cranebrook Youth Hub are:
- School Holiday Program: for Young People ages 11-18 years from Cranebrook & Kingswood Park.
- Nepean Young Parenting Support (NYPS): Tuesday 9:30am to 12:30pm during school term at 13 Reserve Street, Penrith (The Cottage). For Young Mums under 18 years of age that are pregnant.
- The Baby Bootie Club: Tuesday 1pm to 3pm during school term at 13 Reserve Street, Penrith (The Cottage). Support group for Young Mums 24 years and under that have babies between 0-6months.
The Cranebrook Youth Hub is located at 3 Kington Place, Cranebrook, next door to Koolyangarra Aboriginal Child & Family Centre, off Pendock Rd. The Youth Hub is for all Young People aged 11-24 years of age. You can contact us on 02 4729 3907 for more information and ask to speak to someone in the Youth Team.
This is the start of a new era for our Youth Team, and they are excited to work with and get to know the young people of Cranebrook.