Do you need help completing your tax return?

Haven’t done your tax yet? Don’t fret!

You may be eligible to get your tax done for FREE with our tax help volunteer!

What is the Tax Help Program?
Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax.

How can a volunteer help you?
– Help lodge your tax return
– Help with an amendment online
– Claim a refund of franking credits
– Complete non-lodgement advice (if it turns out you don’t need to lodge a tax return)

Am I eligible?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
– work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
– run a business, including as a sole trader
– have partnership or trust matters
– sell shares or an investment property
– own a rental property
– have capital gains tax (CGT)
– receive royalties
– receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
– receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.

We have appointments available with our Tax Help Volunteer on selected Tuesdays between 9am – 12:30pm from 11th August 2020 at South Penrith Neighbourhood Centre.

To book your appointment contact 02 4721 8520. There are limited spots available so bookings are essential.

Before your appointment
Please make sure to have the below ready to bring with you:
– your myGov user ID and password
– your bank account details (BSB and account number)
– your tax file number
– an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years
– income statements from all sources
– all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
– details of any child support payments made
– details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses)
– details of your spouse’s (married or de-facto) taxable income or a reasonable estimate if you had a spouse at any time during the financial year.
– proof of identity documents (Driver’s licence, passport, Centrelink CRN, Birth Certificate)

If you are not eligible, please go to or call 13 28 61 for more information about your tax return.

Information from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Skip to content